Saturday, November 15, 2014

Boat's done! Final post.

I started this boat last April.  I had a commission from a fellow in New York.  The club in Sag Harbor NY sails a modified Euro Moth which they call an E-Dingy.  We decided on a John Shelley design.   This design came from the Mark III plans developed in 1965.     I'm very pleased the way this boat turned out. 

Off she goes.  Heading to her new home in Sag Harbor, NY.

                                    The sail is from my Vintage boat
                               The red strap is to hold the boat on the dolley
                                All the sail controls work great.
                The rudder is from a Laser and the CB is from a Sunfish.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Sail controls

When I ordered the mast I specified a large bail at the base of the mast.  This was designed to take all the turning blocks for the sail controls.   I modified that just a bit for the vang control and mounted that on front of the mast with small control lines holding the blocks.  It's all together and it functions prefectly.  We have outhaul, cunnangham, and boom vang.   I need to get two blocks on the boom for the main sheet.   Other than that the boat is race ready!



Saturday, November 8, 2014


I got the mast from Dwyer.  Nice DM1   Fit right out of the box.  Now for some controls and she is a done boat!  I also had a chance to try one of my sails and got some of the controls mocked up.  Things are looking good.  The outhaul system and boom vang work great.